If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Here I go down this wretched path again

”We acquire the strength we have overcome.”  — Ralph Waldo Emerson

Once again, I am facing the challenge of metastasized uterine cancer in my lungs.  However, this time, it’s multiple nodules in multiple lobes.  I’ll begin chemotherapy again soon to get rid of those wretched little pulmonary dance partners.

I had a PET scan earlier this month that indicated the nodules, one of which was biopsied and declared cancerous.  I am waiting for an appointment with my gynecological oncologist on Monday to make a plan to get underway with the chemo.

There’s a huge part of me that can’t believe I’m going through this again.  Damned cancer.  But, there’s also a huge part of me that knows I beat this once before, over six years ago, and I can beat it again.

I don’t yet know what my protocol will be...last time is was one treatment every three weeks for a total of six treatments.  However, what I do know is that I have excellent doctors and nurses, and I’m in an excellent facility, Northside Hospital.

Send good thoughts my way, especially to my twin boys who are in the final weeks of their senior year and don’t deserve to have to deal with this...again.

I’ll keep you posted as I know more.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete