If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Trying to get my blogging groove back

My day started with Paul telling me I had bed head.

Think about it.

Yes, hair has been sprouting back in all sorts of desirable and unwanted spots. (Why do chin hairs have to be some of the first to reappear?)

I'll get you up-to-date and explain why I'm not getting too attached to any of my newly sprung hair yet.

I'm at home, recovering well from my thoracotomy, which took place April 18th and kept me in the hospital for five days. I did have a minor set back which landed me back in the hospital for a few days more, so some excess fluid could be drained from my chest cavity. But all is well now. Apparently, this just happens after thoracotomies sometimes.

I do tire very easily, but I'm needing less and less of the pain medication...my excuse for not blogging much lately.

The pathology results from the thoracotomy are still incomplete. We do know there were no cancer cells discovered in the two smaller nodes the surgeon found during the surgery. However, there were some cancer cells still found in the larger nodule, even though the most recent PET scan showed no cancer in that nodule.

We are waiting on the complete tissue assays of those few remaining cancer cells to help my oncologist decide what kind of chemotherapy I need next. I'm guessing as soon as the results are in, I'll start chemo again...and loose my ability to have bed head...again.

We should know any day now.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Beth,
    So sorry to hear that the results were not all clear of cancer cells. It is great that nowadays in the labatory they can determine what is needed to fight the particular type of cancers. So onwards and upwards, we are all with you, in thoughts and prayers.
    Waiting to see you with a hair again sometime but you look amazingly good without it! I don't think I would look anywhere near as good as you do without hair!
    Take care, with love
    Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete