If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hit or miss

Today, I'm doing pretty well. Yesterday...not so much. 

But, isn't that just life?  Yesterday, so-so. Today, mostly good. 

There's something about having a chronic illness that makes you become quite the hypochondriac, over examining each little blip on the radar like it's going to be the direct hit that sinks your battleship rather than just a drop in the bucket that causes a harmless ripple in the otherwise calm seas. 

This last year has been fraught with some rough seas, but I'm still sticking my toes in the surf every day. Shouldn't we all?

And even if my battleship gets a direct hit, there's often a lifeboat to make my way into. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Beth,
    Sending all my best wishes and prayers for your good health, hope the seas will be calmer for you in your battle against cancer.

    Love Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete