If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just make the cowlicks go away

Tomorrow, I go for my first post-chemo hair cut...trim...shave?  It's been three months today since I had my last chemo treatment.  It's time to see what a professional can do.

I've got a half curl, probably more of a cowlick (do you Brits use that word in this context?), poking out from behind each ear.  And I've mentioned previously the sideburns that must go.  (Why are they called "burns"?)

I kinda hope she recommends shaving it all down to the same length to promote faster, even regrowth...or some such Glamour magazine-like urban legend.  I have to admit that I've enjoyed just washing my head with Dove soap and simply rubbing a towel over it for the styling portion of my beauty routine.

I've even Googled "post chemo hair styles" just to see what others have done.  Not much help, but interesting.

Wish me well.  Maybe you'll get a picture tomorrow of the new, new, new, new me.  I guess that's the  great thing about hair.  You can always reinvent yourself.

2 comments:

  1. ALWAYS wishing you well Beth. You never leave my thoughts.

    Mr Pimbel the pharmacist in Turckheim sends his kindest regards and wishes you well too.

    OK Phenomenal Woman, let's see your new look!!

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new look Beth! I thought you looked good with a shaven head, not everybody does, depends if they have a nice shaped head or not, lol! I've heard of the word 'cowlicks' and knew what it meant but don't know if the expression is used in England, it is so long since I lived there and we hear lots of Americanisms too so I don't remember any more!
    Sideburns sounds better than 'sideboards' which I have also heard them called, wierd! For me a sideboard is a piece of furniture.

    Wishing you well, as always. Take care,

    love Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete