If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Just the facts, ma'am

Well, it's been a while.  I'm going to share just a few facts in this entry, but I'm working on a more reflective piece I'll share soon.

I had another PET scan last week that came out perfectly clear.  I'm still having trouble relaxing about it, but I'm getting there.

I'm nearly healed entirely from my thoracotomy.  The incision is now only a little sore, though I've still got to work on getting my full pulmonary function back, and that just comes from walking and time on the elliptical...and patience.

I did decide to change gynecological oncologists.  I've already had several pleasant experiences with her and her staff.  They actually return phone calls...and the oncologist herself called to give me my PET results.

No more chemo for now.  Since I've had two clear PET scans in a row and since my body could stand to heal more from surgery, we're giving it a rest.

So, we get to settle into a fairly normal summer.  There's something very comforting about that.




3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HURRAY FOR ALL THE ABOVE .... ESPECIALLY NO MORE CHEMO!!!!

    NOW GET ON WITH ENJOYING YOUR SUMMER (and I don't care that I'm shouting in CAPS!!)

    Much love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Beth, So happy to hear your wonderful news!!! Enjoy the summer sweetheart. Have a lovely relaxing time with your family.

    Take care,

    With love

    Angela xxxxx

    ReplyDelete