If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Like a bridge over troubled water

Paul and I have been married for 25 years, and even though we’ve been through some rough times, his love and support of me has never faltered.  As I’ve negotiated my way through health and emotionally trying times, he’s always been my bridge over troubled water.

Through this cancer journey, I’ve thanked friends and family for all their support, which I dearly needed, but I don’t think I’ve ever singled out my husband for proper recognition.  He’s left work to be with me during surgeries and treatments and doctor appointments, never once indicating his mind was anywhere but with me.  He’s held my hand when I cried, held my body when I was weak.  Understood when I was discouraged and anxious, and celebrated with me when I got good news.

This entry is merely to thank you, Paul.  You’re my rock, my best friend, and no matter what life throws at us, together, we win.  I’m the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment