If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Friday, May 10, 2019

I could open a hat shop

A few days ago, the most mysterious box arrived at my house.  I nice-sized box that portended of delightful contents.  Upon opening it, I was not disappointed.  Out sprung the hugest collection of hats I’ve ever seen outside the accessories section of a fine department store in London.

My silly, indulgent, whimsical friend Morgen put together all this headwear for me.  She must have hit up every vintage hat store in the Four Corners area of Colorado, where she lives.  I squealed with joy.  Sun hats, fancy wide-brimmed hats, engineer caps, scarves to accessorize.  Here’s a look, as best I could capture it:


My dearest Morgen, thank you.  Your thoughtfulness overcomes me.  I almost can’t wait to lose my hair!

I’m very foggy-headed today from the chemo, so I’m not good for much of anything.  A little hat therapy will do me good.

Well done, my dear friend.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!! Such a pretty collection!
    Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy .... and what a lovely variety of colours and materials. You have a great friend who sorted you out a treat! Now do you have enough hooks to hang them on or does Paul need to create a whole new hat cupboard for you to store them in?

    Take each day as it comes .... some are better than others but the sun comes up again every morning even if there are some clouds about, whether we like it or not ;-)

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete