If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Monday, May 20, 2019

Tonight Paul shaves my head

This morning I can coax small tufts of hair out of my scalp.  It’s time.  Paul’s trimmer is ready.  Tonight I lose what’s left of my hair when Paul comes home from work.  I get to wear that great hat to graduation after all.

I don’t mean to sound so cavalier.  I will miss my hair, especially during the six-month regrowth period after chemotherapy is over.  But, as I’ve written before, losing my hair is a sign that the chemo drugs are working, going after fast growing cells like cancer...and hair.  And, oh, do I have hats for all occasions to cover my bald pate!

I’m still feeling good, but I did get remarkably tired Saturday night after Allen’s Eagle Scout Court of Honor.  I had to skip out during clean up (lucky me!) and head home for my pajamas.  The evening was lovely, though, and I was so proud of both my boys.  Allen gave a wonderful speech about his time as a Boy Scout, and Boyce emceed the entire event.  AND, I didn’t get teary-eyed once, even when Allen pinned my Eagle mother pin on me and said a few words of thanks directly to me.  Here’s a picture of my freshly minted Eagle Scout:
Well, I’ve got a busy day ahead of me with preparations for the next big event, graduation on Wednesday.  I can’t promise I’ll remain tearless then.

P.S.  No word on my lab work from Thursday.  I’m assuming no news is good news, but I’ll be checking in with my chemo nurse today just to make sure.  Hang in there white blood cells!



2 comments:

  1. So proud of Boyce and Allen. Two wonderful young men with different strengths and talents, who will go far. Their secret? Loving and supportive parents. Wish there were more out there like you and Paul.

    Good luck with the new look and enjoy your hat collection to the full.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete