If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Monday, January 7, 2013

And finally some encouragement

Just got off the phone with my oncologist...yes, it's after 10 pm. The PET scan shows the lung nodules have stabilized, meaning they haven't gotten any larger...but they haven't gotten any smaller either. And, there's no new cancer. I'll continue with the same chemo drugs, carbo/taxol, for the remaining three cycles.

I know that it's good the cancer seems to be responding, but I'll admit, I was hoping for more dramatic results. I don't want stable cancer. I want NO cancer.

Thanks for all of you rallying tonight. Really gave me a boost.

So, tomorrow I'll behave myself and direct that chemo to begin destroying those nodules.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Beth, I couldn't log on yesterday, was travelling so didn't see your comment. It is awful to have to wait when you are on tenterhooks to know the answer, can't imagine just how frustrating that must have been. I'm glad the nodules have stabilized, it is a good start to being cured! Take care
    Much love
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete