If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Friday, February 8, 2013

A brief respite

For about 44 hours this weekend, Paul and I will be childless. We are celebrating this relatively unusual state of affairs by getting the hay out of town.

We've picked a lazy little antebellum town a short distance away and booked the best room in the best inn in town. We already have reservations tomorrow night at a special place with a magnificent wine list...oh, and pretty good food too.

The boys are gladly spending their weekends with their respective best friends. Backpacks already packed and ready to head out the door as soon as the school bus pulls away.

I'm hoping for energy to browse the antique stores and other shops within walking distance of our inn, but if not, I have my Kindle with several titles calling my name.

Most of you know, Paul and I have had the great fortune to have traveled a lot. We've been in the sands of North Africa, set our feet down -- however briefly -- in Asia on the Bosphorus, spent lazy summer breaks in cottage county in Ontario, drunk way too many piƱa coladas on a deserted Caribbean isle, and explored most of Europe.

But, I don't think I've ever been so excited about a trip before.

3 comments:

  1. Have a blast! You could come here for the weekend, it is snowing sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Sounds perfect. Enjoy the time away, the wine and food, but most of all, enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely Beth, have fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete