If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Monday, February 18, 2013

Last chemo tomorrow

Tomorrow will be my sixth and final day in this chemo treatment cycle. It's been 18 weeks since I started. You'd think it would be time for a party, but I don't feel like celebrating. I'm not so naive to think this is the end of the story.

It will be another nail-biting three weeks before I have yet another PET scan to find out if the tumors have shrunk or, glory be, disappeared. NED, no evidence of disease. That's what we're going for.

If the tumors are still present, I will see a thoracic surgeon to determine if I'm a surgical candidate for tumor removal. From what I've read, I think I can be. The primary tumor is out of the picture, the lungs are my only place of metastasis, and there are only three small tumors there. If my current chemo hasn't zapped them, it's good to know that there is possibly another avenue to pursue other than more chemo.

If, if, if, if, if.

But, as long as there are ifs, there is hope.






3 comments:

  1. Crossing fingers and toes for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, fingers and toes crossed. Thoughts and prayers for NED with you dear Beth. Hope you manage to have a relaxing day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Beth. Hope you hear good news after this last chemo.

    xxxx

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete