If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Blessed

There's no more appropriate word to describe how I feel right now.

I got a reasonable amount of hospital room sleep last night. All my tubes and connections were removed just a little while ago, with the exception of my oxygen level and chest monitors. I'm almost free to roam the corridors at will.

Thank goodness Paul went home to sleep in his own bed last night. He'd have an apoplectic fit every time I moved in my hospital bed to reposition myself, afraid I was disconnecting some sort of life essential line or probe.   I think today will be much easier for him too.

But, back to the blessed concept..a surgery that turned out to be routine. A recovery that already has me doing laps around the hospital corridors...ok, they're very slow laps with a walker, but they are laps nonetheless. The nursing staff is absolutely top knotch.

And later today, Paul is bringing the boys for a visit.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news Beth! So happy that you are up and about and feeling good!!!

    All my best wishes,

    Love Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is great joy and rejoicing in Alsace. xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are Amazing! I'm so inspired by you! Cara

    ReplyDelete