If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lastest unfun developments

The last couple of days have been difficult ones. I've had a hard time managing my pain medications, and I've been getting increasingly short of breath and increasingly short of patience with my iPad's autocorrect feature.

I have been at home recovering from my thoracotomy procedure since Monday, April 22nd. However, since increasingly frustrating episodes of shortness of breath, Paul and I decided a trip to the hospital's emergency department today was a good idea. Nothing's seems to be of a dire nature, but I'm being kept overnight for observations.

My main complaint is that I can't quite gets my words to come out the way I want them too.

Will keep you posted as medical science and social networking capabilities improve.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Beth,
    Sounds very unfun indeed. Hope you manage to rest enough though of course after an op you do have to excercise too so that can't be easy!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, I do hope that soon you will be feeling much better, that the problem of shortness of breath will stop. It is such early days after the op, maybe breathlessness is not unusual, I hope the doctor has been able to put your mind at rest about that.
    As for ipod impatience, please don't throw it at the wall as then the awkward thing will only be less obliging! ;)

    Have a peaceful day
    Lots of love
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem pretty articulate (and funny!) for someone in pain. Just wanted to say you're a better woman than I am. Admiring your perseverance from afar!

    ReplyDelete