If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Monday, April 8, 2013

From reform school candidate to model citizen

At the beginning of last week, Boyce's home room teacher selected him as Student of the Month for his home room class. To be Student of the Month, a kid must exhibit good citizenship, a helpful nature, and a motivation for learning. This designation is for behavior shown last month...the same month the sixth grade assistant principal summarily assigned him a total of 5 1/2 hours of detention for basically shoving two kids.

On Wednesday of last week, Boyce got to have breakfast with the principal (not the assistant principal), along with the month's other recipients.

Oh, the irony.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! LOL, this story made me laugh. The assistant principal must be crawling in a hole right now.

    Laurie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I wonder if the teachers at that school ever communicate amongst themselves? Boyce sounds like such a nice boy, we all react to provocation!

    ReplyDelete