If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Because I said so

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as I did. I had to take on a very different role this year, that of grateful observer, rather than commander-in-chief, and I think I exceeded my own expectations with how easily I accepted my new position and let my in-laws take over.

My favorite gift was from the boys. It was a replacement of the Swiss Army knife Paul gave me our first Christmas together. (Yes, I know...very romantic.) Earlier this year, when flying home from Puerto Rico, I forgot to put the original in my checked bag, so the airport security agent absconded with it. My new one is specially engraved "because I said so," apparently my most memorable mom-ism. Every good commander-in-chief needs a slogan.

I have been remarkably more tired these last few days, so much so that we cancelled our trip this week to the farm. I need some quiet down time. I have chronic sinus infections, and I do believe I'm experiencing a flare up. Tomorrow, I'll check with my doctor about starting some antibiotics. Unfortunately (or perhaps understandably), this comes at the lowest point in my immune suppression during this chemo cycle, day 10.

Day 10 also means I went to get my blood drawn today. It took the technician two sticks. Ugh. I found out that the Master Phlebotomist is a floater, so who knows if I will ever see him again. He just has so much awesomeness they have to keep it spread around.






No comments:

Post a Comment