If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Endorsement

Over five years ago, my heart just broke when our dear friends Barry and Patty and their four boys left Georgia for a job promotion in Texas.  Patty and I shared those crazy early years of motherhood together (she has twins too!), and Paul and Barry jointly coached their very first soccer team, a wiley group of four year-olds who either wanted to fight over the ball or just run up and down the field chasing their shadows.

Barry works for a major news outlet, and even though he was up most of the night covering election returns, he found time to write some words of support for me on Facebook this morning.  I was so entertained yet touched by them that I just have to share them here and make them a part of this legacy, even if many of you have enjoyed them on Facebook already. 
My line of work prevents me from publicly endorsing a candidate or campaign but now that the elections are over I can't sit quiet any longer. For the record, I wholeheartedly and unequivocally endorse the campaign of Beth Moore. Her opponent is cancer and I think we can all agree in nonpartisan harmony that cancer has done nothing good for this country -- or world, for that matter -- over the last...two, four, eight, 100-plus years. Beth, on the other hand, is one of funniest, most caring, righteous and down-right awesome people I know. If you think cancer should be defeated (even snuffed out in the dark of night by Navy SEALS) and believe in wonderful people like Beth Moore who make the world a better place, please "like" this posting and share it with your friends. Rock on, Beth!
 
(Yes, Barry, I asserted editorial license and corrected your typo.  I may never again get the chance to edit a professional journalist!)
 
As far as to how I'm feeling today, I'm taking it really easy.  One of the chemo meds has made my cheeks warm and red, a side effect I was told to expect.  Some light nausea set in this afternoon, and since it hasn't abated, I've just taken a woozy pill that will either make me not care that I'm feeling sick or will make me go to sleep.  Either way I'm golden.

3 comments:

  1. May you always be well stocked with woozy pills ;-)
    If not, just holler. I'll break into the nearest pharmacy for ya!
    Hope you got some decent rest.
    Love ya,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dearest Beth,

    I now deeply regret that I skipped all the write-in spots on my ballot. I should have written in your name.

    Much love,
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Beth,

    Thats such a nice post, must warm your heart. I'm very glad to hear that you are not feeling too bad after chemo and that you are taking it easy.

    Thinking of you, praying for you, take care,

    Bisous Angela

    ReplyDelete