If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Next time, someone else cleans up that mess

Last night, I went to bed fairly early, for me. I had a lovely night's sleep and awoke before my alarm, ready to greet Paul, as he finished up his morning workout on the elliptical. I sat in my usual easy chair, checked my email on my iPad...the usual routine.

A few minutes later, I can smell the coffee Paul had started brewing, and I ventured into the kitchen to pour a cup. On the way, I'm distracted by an aging vase of flowers and decide it's time to throw them out, so I take them into the kitchen to discard them. I break the stems and stuff them into the trash can, as a few stray petals fall to the floor. I bend over to pick up those uncooperative flower bits, and SNAP...my back goes out. Of all the ^}>€~<{*# things to happen!

Next time the flowers die alone and desperate, while someone else cleans up that mess. 

Regarding my chemo recuperation, all continues well. I slept most of the day, but that was due to the muscle relaxant my oncologist said I could take for my back. Probably for the best. 


1 comment:

  1. So glad he said Yes to the muscle relaxers. I hope your back is feeling better by now, or at least you are feeling no pain. This is the perfect time to lie in bed and let people wait on you. :-)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete