If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Monday, November 26, 2012

Queen for a day

In a bizarre sort of way, I'm looking forward to my next chemo session tomorrow morning. It's not quite a day at the spa, but it is a day focused on me. I can sit in my comfy chair and watch tv or surf the net or read or nap, while people bring me things.

I do, of course, wonder how things are going to go. Each progressive session has the possibility of exacerbated side effects. But, I also have faith that I'll have the tools to get through what comes my way.

I visited my dermatologist today, and she has prescribed a steroid foam for my itchy head. The pharmacy had to order it, so I won't be able to try it until tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that great big bolus of Benadryl they'll drip into me in the morning. Better living through pharmacology.

As a treat for myself, today I bought a few more soft jersey caps for my head, and then the coup de grace, I went to Charming Charlie, a massive accessories store, and bought all sorts of big out-of-character earrings, scarves, and brooches for my new look. If I could have figured out how to use it, I would have bought a tiara too.

Now, I must go to bed. I need my beauty sleep for tomorrow.


P.S.

I had another blood draw this morning, but the "Master" was nowhere to be found. Still was a pretty good stick...but not nearly as entertaining.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Beth,

    I hope that you have a nice relaxing day without stress. Shame the 'Master' wasn't there, he sounded like fun!
    What a nuisance that not only does the hair fall out when you have chemo, but the scalp is itchy too, I hope the cream you get sorts that out.
    Sounds like a good idea giving yourself a few treats, the earrings, brooches etc, think the tiara might have been a bit over the top, lol!

    Take care, thinking of you,
    Love Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. One good thing about having all boys - you're always the Queen! :)

    Hope everything went well!

    Take care,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete