If this is your first visit to my blog, you might want to start with my first entry, "How I got here - the short version".

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First chemo, not so bad

I'm not writing much right now, because I still feel woozy from the Benadryl and anti nausea medications they gave me with my chemo. But, everything went well. The staff was phenomenal, and  I'm doing just fine.

Steroids are now a pretty common part of any chemo cocktail these days, and my nurse warned me that I'll likely be wanting to vacuum the entire house and clean all the windows come about 2:00 a.m., when the woozy meds wear off. Perhaps you'll get another entry then.

I'm going to go put my head down now.

5 comments:

  1. Time for a new cartonnage project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep as much as you can Beth, your body needs the energy to heal and get well - your floors don't. If you find yourself with an excess of steriodal energy - put it into writing. You are a phenomenal writer and you have time now, and motivation, to get some of your stories out... I'll bet the boys don't know you were a hero when we drowned on the Zambezi River...since I was unconscious you can pretty much say what you want and I'll back you up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like maybe you got some sleep I hope :) Julie's right, forget those floors, you have Duke to take care of those for you!

    Glad it didn't go too bad, and hopefully that will continue on the next several days!

    Zambezi River and unconscious friends? Sounds like an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duke will take care of the floors as soon as he learns to wipe his muddy feet. I discussed that with him yesterday, but I don't think he was listening. And yes, I want to hear the river story, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete